• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by BrummieJayne

1. B

Church Of Christ Sparkhill

Oh gosh! I am just perusing where I lived as a child and so sad to see that, I think the lovely church I went to as a child has been demolished?!! That soooo should not have been allowed to happen! Could anyone confirm that this is the lovely church that I walked from St Johns Church of England...
  2. B

Church Of Christ Sparkhill

Demolished?!!! awww no.
  3. B

Lucas Formans Road Sparkhill

not been on here for ages, but decided to drop by and glad i did! What wonderful photos! x
  4. B

The Non-famous Music Scene In Birmingham

I have been trying to find out about my grandad (who i never met as he died in 1961 before I was born) who used to work in Kalamazoo factory in Birmingham and also was a musician and played in a band, we think piano, but Mom can't remember clearly as he left when she was just 4 or 5, but still...
  5. B

Tucker Eyelets

I have just looked up Tucker eyelets on here too, as my Mom used to run to their air raid shelter in the war with her Gran.
  6. B

Graham warren

Thank you so much, if that is also a photo of Englands where Mom used to work, she will be soooo happy to see that! thank you.
  7. B

Graham warren

My mum used to work in Englands shoe shop and Speedway rider Graham Warren used to come in and buy shoes from her, does anyone know anything about him please?
  8. B

Formans Rd, Sparkhill.

Would love to see photos Pat! x
  9. B

Kalamazoo

what a lovely story and lovely memories! I will show my mom this to read, she will love it..... When you next go to your art class, please do ask if they can remember a chap called Leonard wicks, he was a lithograph artist for Kalamazoo. Im an artist myself i think my grandad must have passed...
  10. B

Kalamazoo

sounds a great time...... do you remember anyone called Leonard Wicks working there?
  11. B

Formans Rd, Sparkhill.

Hi Ken, Not sure what year that would be, I will ask Dad...... I guess it would be around 1954/55/56? Dad was 70 this year!
  12. B

Formans Rd, Sparkhill.

Hi Ken, My Dad used to deliver papers for the Harris family when he was a boy! So, are you a Harris then? Would you remember my Dad Ian Russell as a paper boy? This is his e mail reply: Hello yes i do remember the Harris family I used to deliver newspapers for them, they ran a news paper...
  13. B

Formans Rd, Sparkhill.

Thinking about it, yes I knew a Busby, a tall old lady called May with a gruff voice, and always lovely to me!
  14. B

Formans Rd, Sparkhill.

I remember them! 'Uncle' Sid Hones used to live next door to us! His wife Gladys used to stink the street out making nettle tea for her rheumatism, I loved them both! Busby is interesting, as we have relations/ancesters called Busby............
  15. B

Formans Rd, Sparkhill.

Will do! We were at the lower numbers end, at 28........... but if they were by a fish shop, that ups the odds of him knowing them! ;-)
Back