• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Brian Buck

1. Brian Buck

St Andrews Church Bordesley Green

I lived in Herbert Road Small Heath. I was baptised at St Aidan's Church in Herbert Road, but I always attended St Andrews where the Vicar was Rev. T.W. Tait and his curate was John Clifford Wilson. This would have been in the late 1950's or early 1960's as I moved away from Small Heath in 1967...
  2. Brian Buck

Johnny Dixon

Dixon's brother Ernie was a rep for the HP Sauce Company and used to regularly visit the offices where I worked as a buyer in Great Barr. He was always ready to talk football and was always so proud of his brother's achievements. Ernie played football himself and was a centre half at Newcastle...
  3. Brian Buck

Speedway. Perry Barr.

Many thanks to those who have responded.
  4. Brian Buck

Speedway. Perry Barr.

I have been an ardent follower of Birmingham's Speedway team "The BRUMMIES" for the last 71 years and still thoroughly enjoy my Wednesday night visits to Perry Barr during the summer months. (The racenight is due to change to Mondays from 2024 onwards by the way.) The first ever speedway...
Back