• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by AnnieH55

1. AnnieH55

Aston Parish Church WW1 Memorial

Thanks for this, I will add him to my ever-lengthening list of Aston men to have died. You might all be interested to know that a number of listings of Aston men who died in WW1 can be found at astonww1memorial.com . Thw work is ongoing. Regards Ann Plese note
  2. AnnieH55

Good afternoon Adam, thanks for the information. Unfortunately, there is no J E Mogg on the Aston Parish Church memorial, only a H J Mogg. Many Aston men weren't listed on this particular Memorial because people wereaskedto submit names. My own great uncle who lived in Aston isn't listed...
  3. AnnieH55

Dear Lisa Sorry for the dealy in getting back to you. Thank you for the information. Using your info, I found the family in Pendleton, Lancs in 1901, He was definitely baptised in Aston, and found in 1891 census living 58 High Street, age 7 months. This seems too remote to add as an address in...
  4. AnnieH55

Thanks Janice. Yes, I've tracked all the posts on this, so clearly I'm loosing the plot ....:joy: Will recheck all details and add. :)
  5. AnnieH55

Yes, as long as name is on the Memorial of course! I would put this entry in as "address unknown in Aston" and you'll see some of the records in the Listing stating why they've been included, such as baptism, marriage or having family continuing to reside there. My rationale is that there's...
  6. AnnieH55

Good evening everyone. Just to let you know that I've done the latest update on the website. Incredibly, we are down to 16 names for full identification, plus 15 where we need the addresses. The website now has an animated banner giving the 16 names outstanding (although I've added two other...
  7. AnnieH55

Hi John Many thanks. I can't find sufficient evidence that this is the correct Albert. It might be, but I have nothing to cross reference this to allow me to conclude he's the same Albert that married Mary Polly. I have held on record for ongoing review.
  8. AnnieH55

I believe that Frank Edkins has a very good chance of being our man. Oliver Road is in Aston reg district, sub-reg Erdington (I have a few others like this). In 1911 it looks like his brother William is living there, married. Had Frank's father Thomas died by the time the memorial names were...
  9. AnnieH55

Hello, and thanks for getting in touch. Do you have any more information about Bertrand than you've seen in the postings above? I don't have a definitive address for him in Aston, and if you do that would be exceptionally useful. Ann
  10. AnnieH55

Hi there Is this address from Fold3 records?
  11. AnnieH55

Hi John Confirm the marriage in Aston. I have found an 1891 census entry for him at 146 Coventry Road, father Henry Clarke Webb. I think this is our man, so will use the 1891 address if nothing else comes to light.
  12. AnnieH55

Hello everyone. Sorry not to have been in touch, just busy with lots going on. I won't be able to look at the queries / suggestions made until next week, so please bear with me. :)
  13. AnnieH55

A dilemma! This person fits more of the criteria for inclusion than Benjamin Moreton, so I think he has to go in the listing instead, with Benjamin going on my list of others. We don't have an address for Bertrand himself do we, other than his 1893 baptism? I need to decide how to list his...
  14. AnnieH55

HI there The Memorial lists 618 names, but we know that many, many more men from Aston died. My own uncle is one such. I am compiling a list of other men that died (although currently I don't know what I'm going to do with such a list!), so happy for you to send details. Ann
  15. AnnieH55

He has been on my radar, but need to find an Aston connection. :confused:
Back