• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Alf Rogers

1. A

OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

Oops ! I nearly sent myself an Appreciate! I think it's time for my cocoa!
  2. A

OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

I knew it would be close! All the best! Alf
  3. A

OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

The photo I attached was dated 31/7/1964
  4. A

OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

Good evening! I think Steve's photo no. 1056 is of Hockley Hill, probably in 1966 immediately prior to demolition for the Hockley Flyover. Great photos Steve - much appreciated!
  5. A

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

You've put in so much hard work, Steve, to share so many wonderful photos with us. I'm sure I speak for eveyone on the site when I say a huge thank you! All the best, Alf.
  6. A

Soho Hill

Yes! I meant photo 321. As you say, it's very difficult to get one's bearings after so many changes in the city centre. I would love to hear any suggestions! Alf
  7. A

Soho Hill

What's the building going up on the skyline? Looks like its at or near Snow Hill
  8. A

OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

Don Don't apologise, Steve! Every photo is great! Much appreciated
  9. A

Then & Now

Really appreciating your side-by-side comparison photos, Brummy Lad! Wonderful, thank you!
  10. A

Walsall Road Great Barr shopping parade

A lovely view of the shops at Great Barr, with Calshott Road just out of view to the right. Thanks for posting!
  11. A

Birchfield Road Perry Barr

Here is a photo of Birchfield Road, numbers 148-172, taken in the 1960s, with Hatfield Road on the left. This is the closest I can find to your number 142, which must have been situated between the Hatfield Road & Salisbury Road junctions.
  12. A

Birchfield Road Perry Barr

I don't know whether it'll be of any use, or interest, but in the 1970s we were told by our postie, that each of the three tower blocks on Birchfield Road had been assigned a street number - not that anyone ever used them - when they were built at the beginning of the 1960s. (We lived in...
  13. A

Great pictures, Steve as always, thank you! The colour photo of the row of terraced houses (post 3112) is, I'm sure New John Street West, looking towards the junction with Wheeler Street, which is out of sight. Can I wish EVERYONE on the site, Moderators & contributors, a Very Happy New Year...
  14. A

Mum & Dad somewhere in Aston

This has been a fascinating topic- have enjoyed reading all the comments so much!
  15. A

Possibly in the Norman style, perhaps even the same architect as Holy Trinity. But a bit of a head scratcher!
Back