• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love your bird photos Steve. Like you, only flowers now are the Fuchsias which are in pots, so will bring them into the conservatory to over winter. there are no flowers on our Mahonia but we have a plant with foliage like Mahonia but it sends out very long spikey flowers. Can't remember it's name now, but it is doing well.

We leave our potted Fuchsias outside. They are several years old now, and have been snow covered many times.

Steve.

Judging by the trees opposite our house you might have a long wait.
However, next door's Ash has shed its leaves and so back path just needs a quick sweep. It is virtually clear now.

Thanks Richard.

Funny how that happens, they could be Easter cacti?

The deciduous pine needles are falling, it's great if it's dry because I can just sweep them up! If it's wet I wash them away with the hose pipe!!!!! Staying in for a while longer, unless it's life threatening!!!!!!

After the latest Black Country Society virtual talk on the artist John Louis Petit there was a discussion as to the unsolved mystery of the erection of the Tower at Sedgley. Some say it may of been financed by Barron Wrottesley around 1846. I was surprised that the Baron had a crater with his name on the Moon. It is located at the bottom SE of the Moon as we see it and so we will have to wait until a crescent moon to give some shadow.
While trying I took a short close up video of clouds passing over the Moon and changing its colour. (Click top left arrow to enlarge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back