1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. All of the moderators are working very hard to tidy up the Forum posts, as you can imagine 15 years tidying takes a lot of time. Quite a bit of this is taken up with off topic posts It would be helpful in future if members could keep their posts relevant to the thread Title,those that are not will be deleted. Thanks.

New Profile Posts

1. Pamela A Campbell
    Pamela A Campbell
    I am grateful for the add. A Brummie expat in Michigan, USA since 79.
  2. barry hopwood
    barry hopwood
    did you attend st thomas school from 1948 to 1954 or live in latimer st or near in that same period if so would to get in touch for a chat
  3. Terry kendall
    Terry kendall
    Just wanted to say thank you for the add I hope I can be a member worthy of BirminghamHistory
  4. Alan Bowen
    Alan Bowen
    Looking for a possible photo of the pawn brokers shop on the Kingston Road Small Heath Birmingham circa 1900
  5. dirtyden
    dirtyden Dolphie
  6. Lady Penelope
    Lady Penelope Beverleigh
    Hi Beverleigh,
    I'm sending this in the hope that you might get it. I'm researching the Greyhound in Court Lane and wondered if you could get in touch please. I read your post about research in Sutton Library and I'm not having a lot of success. Thanks in advance.
  7. Doug baker
    Doug baker nickcc101
    I do not remember what class I was in but left school at xmas 1956 the , the photo is probably of those who left that year. Doug baker
    1. nickcc101
      nickcc101
      OK thanks Doug, bit early for me but we still looked the same :)
      Jan 25, 2018
  8. Karenhegan
    Karenhegan
    Joseph H SMITH born 27/2/1876 @ 464 Park Rd or Lodge Rd (1911 cencus). Married Cannock 1895 address still Ickneild - Any suggestions? Thanks
  9. Karenhegan
    Karenhegan
    Joseph Henry SMITH born 27th Feb 1876 at 464 Park Road, Hockley or Lodge Road (on 1911 cencus).
  10. Carolyn Cliff
    Carolyn Cliff
    Lost in Handsworth
  11. mrbluesky1957
    mrbluesky1957 bewdley
    Hi, not been on he,re for a while, moving etc. Are you The Bewdley who had ance,stors living next door to mine at all? Evesham late 1800s. If so be gr8 to hear from you, regards, mrbluesky.
  12. Sue Chapman
    Sue Chapman jennyann
    Hi, I am new to the site & have been trying to find if anyone knew my mother's family. My mother was Stella Faulkner who lived in Ladywood until 1950 I think Her father was Ernest Faulkner lived in Springfield Street & died in 1950. Her siblings were, Lucy , Walter, Harry & Leslie & step brother, Dennis Sullivan who joined the RN in Plymouth. It would be great if anyone remembers them. Many thanks Sue Chapman
  13. Tony Darbyshire
    Tony Darbyshire
    I'm a Brummie born and bred. I left Birmingham in '65 to join the Royal Navy and never returned to live there.
  14. Lucy17
    Lucy17
    Researching local & family history; BOWYER
  15. Kiwi Lass
    Kiwi Lass
    Looking for George Gameson (born 1829)'s FATHER, who took in his grandchildren after a fire in Little Hill Street, Birmingham in 1863?
  16. Rachael Cox
    Rachael Cox
    Does anyone remember Lincoln Street Motors when it was on Lincoln Street? Or the Black Hairdressers over the road run by Phyllis Henry?
  17. Rachael Cox
    Rachael Cox
    Hi, I'm researching Balsall Heath since 1960's to coincide with an exhibition at Ort Gallery in March / April.
  18. carolina
    carolina postie
    Hi Postie, my friend Barbara Deeley is trying to join the Forum but its not letting her, can you please help? Thanks
  19. james houston
  20. james houston
    james houston claire-brum71
    Can anyone tell me of the owners names of the 5 or 6 shops in Kenyon St Hockley in the late 50s to early 60s.