• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A Song from the 1970s.

oldMohawk

gone but not forgotten
In the early 1970s I recorded a song from TV on to an old reel-to-reel tape recorder and listening to it brings back happy memories. I have often tried to find out the title of the song and who is singing it but had no success.
I'm just wondering if anyone on the BHF recognises it. I've converted it to an mp3 file and it plays on my laptop and my iPad and hopefully it will play on other computers.

Songfrom70s.mp3

Last edited:
Thank you so much Jennyann - I had never thought of Kiki Dee singing it. I've always pictured her in dungerees singing 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' with a young looking Elton John.
oldmohawk ... :adoration:

Hi Jennyann - I easily found the site in your link but could not seem to get the title of the song until I finally realised it was "I" which must be the shortest song title ever, no wonder I have never been able to find it. I've now found it on Youtube as below and I think I may have recorded it before 1970. Some of the items on the tapes are recordings of music from the old BBC Light Program which was before 1967.

Kiki Dee the Fontana Years https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Sq0ioHeCg&index=20&list=PLjW341RbMkEJeAPwUKAWMwzCv57ATLqa7

Back